English UK is the world’s leading language teaching association with more than 450 members, all accredited by the British Council. Members include private language schools, educational trusts, charities and language centres in further education colleges and universities.It has five core objectives:
- Quality assurance – primarily through the Accreditation UK scheme, which is run in partnership with the British Council.
- Professional development, consultancy and research.
- Representing members and lobbying on their behalf in the UK and around the world.
- Marketing and promoting members and their courses.
- Business services and business development.
All UK-based institutions participating in StudyWorld are accredited under the Accreditation UK scheme – the only guarantee of quality for English language courses in the UK. The British Council awards accreditation to education providers that have been successfully inspected by independent experts. Inspection is based on rigorous standards, with more observation of teaching than in any other English language accreditation process.